Back in 1993, coaching was simply sports terminology, the Maastricht Treaty formally established the Europe Union, Nelson Mandela was joint winner of the Nobel Peace Prize, Bill Clinton became President of the USA, Jurassic Park was that year’s highest grossing movie and the actress Audrey Hepburn died. And Robertson Burns was born.
We’re in the people business or, as I often jest, the “love-making” business. Be assured that this epithet in no way relates to our first office, in a lofty garret in Sydney’s business district, revealing itself as a former brothel!
Now in our 25th year, our Mission remains constant – to help leaders win. To help our clients be their most, do their best and make a real difference. Our First Principles of mutual trust, respect and purpose continue to guide our work and help us to deliver the results our clients seek, for example:
- advising boards on gaining stakeholder confidence and CEOs on engaging with the market and leading their teams
- helping young, smart and well qualified executives step up and make a noticeable impact
- enabling one of the world’s leading professional services firms win its biggest ever global mandate
- facilitating a small listed S.E. Asian resources company become the recognised leader in its field
- coaching a teenager to win the coveted international Templeton Scholarship
- assisting an E.U. national on her path to becoming one of Australia’s top paediatricians
- read more…
These exciting challenges and so many more have kept Mr Burns and me pretty busy. They’ve also given us enormous pleasure over the years as we witness those with whom we work achieve their aspirations as true leaders.
James Harding, a professional actor and also a millennial, joined us a couple of years ago. And, while still based in Sydney, Robertson Burns now operates worldwide — from Canada to Jordan, Luxembourg to Japan, Mexico to China and in 19 other countries to date. We also have associates in New Zealand and the UK.
To celebrate our 25th year, we have launched our new website www.robertsonburns.com. Please take a look!
Reflecting on the journey so far, I am enormously grateful for the support Robertson Burns has received from so many people around the world. We look forward to hearing from you.